CITY OF BONES
The Mortal Instruments Series
by Cassandra Clare
WEEKLY CHAPTER-BY-CHAPTER READ
PART TWO: Easy Is the Descent
HIGH AND DRY
• The werewolves stun the vampires. Only Raphael stood still. Jace said they hate each other and are forbidden by The Covenant to enter each other's lairs. He said something must have happened and that is very bad. They are now standing in a war zone.
• They said they didn't come to fight but for the girl... Clary.
• He asked her why she didn't tell him she knew any werewolves, but she was too shocked to move. She told him she didn't.
• Raphael says they can't have her as she trespassed. The wolf guy laughed and said he was happy he said that... then transforming back to wolf form to attack. Ciaos ensues.
• Jace and Clary try to make their way out but Simon jumps down and runs off. Simon had led them to door. It was stuck. Jace was about to shoulder it when a huge wolf came flat out for her.
• She threw her dagger and it sank into the wolf's side. Three more were coming and they got threw the door. Jace used his stele to rune the door shut. They hurry up a set of stairs that looked like they would break any second. Jace steadied Clary when part of it broke.
• Then the wolves broke through the door and they ran the rest of the way to the roof. They pound their brains thinking of a way off the roof when Jace gets her on one of the vampire bikes.
• He had just started it when the wolves crashed onto the roof. He hurtled the bike off the roof and they rocket to the ground.. 10 stories down.
CLICK BELOW TO SEE WHOLE CHAPTER REVIEW
• Jace whooped with delight. They righted the bike and flew through the city. They look over the city and they see the sights.
• Jace asks if she is alright and she doesn't respond. They realize the sunrise will cause the bike not to work and they scramble to get down in time. They crash into a parking lot.
• Jace started to hurry toward her and then slowed down.. his face white as a sheet. Clary then felt a hand on her shoulder... Simon. Simon was all concerned over her, gushing about how she was the best thing he had ever seen. He threw his arms around her and she did it back.
• When she looked over at Jace, he was turning away as if the brightness of the rising sun hurt his eyes.
"This is bad," said Jace.
"You said that before."
"It seemed worth repeating."
Jace whistled. "Raphael is really having an exceptionally bad night."
"Clary, don't chase the rat. He's fleeing. That's what rats do."
She shot him a furious look. "He's not a rat. He's Simon. And he bit Raphael for you, you ungrateful cretin."
Get a copy and read with me! Click on a link below: